We get no time alone

My husband work's 12-14hr. day's and I am at home alone most of the time. And all I ask for is some of his attention when he is home,But his 20yr.old son won't let us be alone at all.As soon as his dad get's home he will stay here until 1am.He has his own place but will not go home.We can't even say a word cause his son will chime in or do anything to keep his dad's attention on him.I can't even ask how was his day.When I bring it up it start's a big fight all I ask for is some of his time.I told my husband as long as his son is hanging around all hrs. of the night there will be no nookie.It's hard to enjoy it when his son is in the next room.We live at least an hr. away from anything and no job's anywhere so working for me would be a waste at min. wage.I just don't know what to do anymore .We have been married for 14 month's but lived together for 6yr.s before we got married and it was never like this.I just feel left out .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:01 AM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• You need to really express to your husband how this is bothering you, be honest and up front and let him know the results you want to see, and they he needs to say something to his son. It's a respect thing :) GL
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 7:23 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• they~ should be that~
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 7:24 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• My husband and I had three children, and each one of them lived with us until they had at least finished their undergraduate college, which would have made them 22 or so. Our daughter lived with us until she was 30. We had a lock on our bedroom door, and we used it. The complaints that I hear about "no alone time" are from newlywed wives who have not had the benefit of growing into adult relationships with their children. It sounds like your step-son and his dad enjoy spending time together, and I wonder if you might not be just a wee tad jealous of that. If that's the case, there is no need for you to be. They love each other, too, but it's a very different kind of love. It is very unusual that a 20-year old would rather hang out with his dad than with his friends. It makes me think he may be a pretty decent young man. His being at your house is much to be preferred over some places he could choose to be.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:51 AM on Nov. 24, 2009