What is the american dream?

My son is doing an essay on what he thinks the american dream is....what do ya'll think. He says peace...

sara13178

Asked by sara13178 at 7:47 AM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 1 (-2 Credits)
  • To be successful, to be healthy, to be able to provide for your family and live a comfortable life. That's mine!
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 7:48 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• to provide a better life for your children than you had.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:52 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• To own your own home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:53 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• i'm from abroad. but to me American dream was - as i've heard it - (it's not really any of my dreams): to have husband to provide for his family (well that one partly is), SAHW taking care of kids and house, travels in a van (or car when single) all over the US, lots of money as to spend it in casions. earning much.
    baby133

Answer by baby133 at 7:55 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• To be happy and productive in society. TO be able to live comfortably. TO raise my children to be happy productive members of society.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:25 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• anymore it seems to be get rich with minimal work involved as in suing someone for something stupid you did so you can make a quick buck...

But I 'd like to think the real American dream is still to do better then our parents did, have a home of our own and not be dependent on anyone.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:27 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• To survive the ups and downs and come out with a smile on your face despite it all.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 10:39 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I truely believe that the "American Dream" is genuine. Period. For my husband and I it was to be married, have kids, own a home, and travel. For some people it's travel without a permenant address. Others it's to go to space. It is different for everyone what genuine happiness with your life is, but all in all the dream is genuine happiness.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:40 PM on Nov. 24, 2009