Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help me, i just found out my 7 year old was molested by her 10 year old brother at her dads

What do i do? We both share custody, but he is primary parent. Do i just go to court & get a protective custody order? What do i do, someone please help me. I have no money for a lawyer.


Asked by Anonymous at 8:12 AM on Nov. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • I agree that you should take her to the doctor. They will be able to give you the information that you need. Please make sure your daughter gets the counseling she needs. It is very important for her to have that. Anon 8:39 is right about the little boy. He is probably doing something that has been done to him or imitating something he has seen. I know its hard for you to think of right now but he is just a child and needs help as well. I am so sorry this has happened to your daughter and I know what she is going through. The most important thing is to be there for her and love her. Its amazing how much a mothers love can heal the soul.


    Answer by Frogbaby83 at 9:40 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

  • Start with your pediatrician. Have your daughter examined and the doctor will have to call CPS. That's okay. They will help you. Or call CPS yourself, but I recommend starting with the doctor to show you are helping your daughter.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

  • I also want to point out that if this was the 10 year old who did this alone and it was HIS idea....that he has most likely been abused in some way as well.

    I agree with going to the Dr first, and also think about finding counseling for your Dr. This can dramatically alter her life course and you need to help her emotionally as well as physically protecting her.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

  • Ok...the son did that at age 10??? Are you sure? How would a 10 year old boy even KNOW what molesting IS???? Was he molested,too? He would have to learn it from someone,don't you think??? Bith the boy and your daughter need to see a doctor and you need to get the real story...FAST!!!!

    Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:49 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

  • Take your child to the doctor and have her examined. You need to explain to the other parent what your daughter explained to you. If infact your daughter was molested, then you need to call CPS and allow them to deal with the child. Do not let this go ignored. If CPS is called, then you need to contact the court that you have filed the custody files with, and explain to them the situation. They will terminate his custody if they see it's needed. Do not let this be brushed under the rug, stand up for your daughter.

    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:58 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

  • Call the rape crisis center and ask them what the procedure is in your area. They can guide you

    Answer by admckenzie at 2:33 PM on Nov. 24, 2009