my 2 year olds eye...

So my two year old wakes up with a swollen eye, its like his eyelid area, and right under his eyebrow, no black and blue no scratch or bite and his actual eyeball is okay not pink no discharge etc. whats going on lol? I called his dr and they are full so they are going to have a nurse call back and we'll see if he needs to be taken to an urgent care off post, i asked him if he hit it on something (hes always jumping) at first he said yes than no etc. Any ideas? It almost looks like he got punched in the eye minus the black and blue etc. and its only above his eye . ..

82ndairbornewif

Asked by 82ndairbornewif at 8:33 AM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Hot pack it, that should help.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:33 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Well babies can wake up with swollen eyes just like adults. My children have had that before when they were small it should just go down. If not take him th the er.
    akmami0f4

Answer by akmami0f4 at 8:58 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• start with a warm compress (hot water on a rag) to help. It could be an allergy but will probably go down on it's own.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• it could be allergies to something..i used to be allergic to some make up i wore..and it would make my eye lids swell up..i would put cool compresses on it...not sure why i didnt do hot? lol whatever..but i would give it a little time..and then it if doesnt go down then take him in! mine would be back to normal size within an hour or two..so by now..his eyes should be back to normal
    sunshine86912

Answer by sunshine86912 at 10:53 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• OP here-
    Thanks for the ideas. He went to the DR and it was actually either from a hit he took to the eye or face etc they checked him pretty through. It went down a bit but not much at all and its the end of the day so it shouldnt get worse just better they say :)
    82ndairbornewif

Answer by 82ndairbornewif at 4:28 PM on Nov. 24, 2009