Ae you ready for the hammer to fall on the US?

With the national debt now topping $12 trillion, the White House estimates that the government’s tab for servicing the debt will exceed $700 billion a year in 2019, up from $202 billion this year, even if annual budget deficits shrink drastically. Other forecasters say the figure could be much higher

http://www.cnbc.com/id/34104722

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 8:38 AM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I am sooooo confused.

I thought OBAMA was not going to add to the nation debt.

What happened to his BIG talk about Bush running it up? He is doing just as bad or worse in my opinion.

We are soooo in debt, and yet we can afford to fund the entire populations heathcare.

I must be slow, I just dont get it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I think it already has. We're the mighty "Roman" empire that crumpled to its knees. I don't believe the U.S. will ever really recover due to it's debts to China. Since the mortgage crash of the early millennium, to me, our country has taken a whole new definition. My eyes are starting to take a new squinty shape.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Well Obama did promise to change the country, he didn't explain that the change was to collapse it with massive debt to rebuild it as a marxist country.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:54 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

Exactly, I love my country but I have gotten to the point that I don't want to live here any longer.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:04 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• That amount of debt makes my stomach hurt.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:21 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I thought OBAMA was supposed to make everything "all better" hmmm.....
    joaniedanger

Answer by joaniedanger at 9:32 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• My own personal debt makes my stomach hurt. This is moot. Our country has been in debt longer than most of you have been alive.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• and Obama tripled it in less then a year anon that helps doesnt it..
    yeah after he hammered gwb for his creation of more debt...

mmm mmmm mmm barack hussien obama
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:40 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I am more sick of the citizens than anything else. The uneducated, ignorant, and stupid comments made by people who think they know what they are talking about but really dont. The debt does not bother me because in reality is mostly from people who took out huge mortgages and knew they could never pay them. I blame the banks as well because they loaned the money out. Oh yea the fact that people make fun of a our current president's name even though his parents named him that so he really had no choice. If he changed before running, I am sure you people would complain about that. Also the name Hussien is not bad, only people make it bad.

Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:51 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• mom maybe you do not know all that much afterall and are not at all superior lol

mmm mmm mmm barack hussien obama is a song that was made up by Obama supporters and taught to elementary aged children look it up
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:00 AM on Nov. 24, 2009