About back surgery

I had back surgery 2 years ago, a fusion , l5- s1, and i am just now getting back into what my physical self used to be, i was abody builder and an athlete. Can any one give me advise on what i can do to strenghten my back so i am not in soooo much pain.???

mosaickathy1

Asked by mosaickathy1 at 8:57 AM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Health

Level 1 (-5 Credits)
  • do you have a physical therapist? If so I would talk to them, if not ask your doctor to send you to one. I opted not to have the surgery, the only doctor who wanted me to have it was the one who wanted to perform it, every other doctor i talked to told me it would not take away my pain or make my life easier, every person i have met who had the surgery agreed and told me that they still had pain and sometimes they developed new problems.

I opted to work with my physical therapist and it did wonders, My back only goes out and causes pain if i push myself to hard or ignore my weight limits. Also massage therapy works well too, I think it did more for me pain wise then anything else.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:06 AM on Nov. 29, 2009

• thanks , i do have a theropist now... and i am in the gym 4 -6 times a week strenghten what the dam doctors destroyed!!!! , but i am too in pain all the time.. thank you for you r answere
    mosaickathy1

Answer by mosaickathy1 at 7:21 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I do understand what you are into but you also have to understand your body. Before you start lifting more heavy weight objects, have yourself consulted with a doctor to avoid any further damage with your body. DePuy

pinnaclelawsuit

Answer by pinnaclelawsuit at 3:44 PM on Mar. 12, 2012