If your husband has rude behavior toward you, do you tell him about it? And if so, how do you approach the subject without starting an argument?

Mine does several things that just drive me nuts, and some of them hurt my feelings. I have tried to tell him and he hasn't listened, so maybe you other wives can give me some advice on a better method?

one example: when he knows its me on the cell phone he answers :"what?" instead of "hello" or somethign more pleasant

ilovedogs1967

Asked by ilovedogs1967 at 9:05 AM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I wouldn't just "say" something, I would get pissed and tell him that if he couldn't treat me with respect then he can do his own laundry, cook his own dinners etc....
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:20 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Maybe on the cell phone issue, he just wants to get down to business- he knows youre calling with a question or concern, and wants to get to the point.
    I cant be much help. If my husbands being rude, Ill tell him hes being an asshole or a dick. Likewise, if Im being rude, he tells me Im being a bitch. No argument needed, we just call each other out.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 9:21 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Strike,

Do you cook, clean, do the laundry.

Make him appreciate you, and when he calls you answer. What! Maybe he don't realize he is doing it.

Sometimes people need to feel what your feeling and finally they might get the point.

Don't argue, just walk away, or ignore. Be honest, he is your husband.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 9:33 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I would say "Excuse me? Don't talk to me like that! I don't talk to you like that so I expect you not to talk to me like that! OKAY?" Or say "I'm not ready to speak to you till you speak to me with respect!" or say "What?? Did you say What? WTH is your problem?"
    LOL! This is what I would say!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:00 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Don't know. Mine's been that way for too long and after 15 years I'm ready to leave him. He says I treat him like dirt? Well, he totally disses me constantly and never apologizes or makes me feel like I did something wrong and I deserve it. Yesterday he told the kids they deserved a better mother all because I expect them to take responsibility for themselves. They're not babies. Good luck. Change it now before it gets worse.
    tikigoddess

Answer by tikigoddess at 10:06 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• It took me about fifteen years just to look at my husband and tell him he was a bigger bitch than me. And now when he's being rude I just call him a bitch and walk away. Of course I know my husband and how he woul react. I laugh when he calls me a bitch, but it's just a way to let each other know they are being rude. But the telephone thing just saying yeah, that is just something you are going to have to learn to live with and don't take it personal. My dh never says bye when he hangs us he just just says yeah and click, but I've been married twenty years. If you are going ot pick a battle make sure it's one worth fighting.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I just give him this raised eyebrow look and say "what was that?" in a slightly teasing manner.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 10:37 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Do it to him, whatever it is he does to you. My ex does the same "what" thing when I call. I do it to him and he laughs cuz he prob realizes how dumb it is.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 10:46 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• If my SO gets an attitude with me, I just tell him "Sorry if I offended you, you don't have to get all pissy with me!" He usually looks at me like "What?" completely unaware he was being rude.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• If it were my husband, I would strike on him. (I wouldnt cook for him, clean up his messes, do his laundry.) When he called I would answer 'What?' I would be very consise and almost cold to him. When ever I get like that with mine he gets freaked
    Gypsy-Eyed-Mom

Answer by Gypsy-Eyed-Mom at 11:22 AM on Nov. 24, 2009