Anyone going to contact "Find My Family"?

I just saw a commerical for a new show called "Find My Family" which it seems like uses all kinds of investigators to track down missing family members. The promos seemed to have lots of birthparents and adoptees searching for the other. Was just wondering if any adoptees/birthmoms out there had thought of using this as a method to connect with their children/parents?

muptgirl23

Asked by muptgirl23 at 9:09 AM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Adoption

• I watched the show last night it was great!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Absolutely NOT! This in my opinion...in MY journey, would be so so direspectful to the twins, and their parents. If and when I am blessed to see them again, it will be given the respect it deserves...which is the utmost highest respect one can give. This should not in MY humble opinion, be the way any Mother would wish to meet her child through reunion...unless they have exhausted ALL other avenues, and/or are terminally ill. These are MY VIEWS, in MY journey of Adoption.
    ceejay1

Answer by ceejay1 at 10:07 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I saw the previews for this yesterday and I truly do want to see the show. However, everytime something, anything comes on about adoption I feel as if I HAVE to watch it. Which then leaves me in pain in tears b/c for what ever reason, I feel that I always need to know the pain of placing my daughter 2yrs ago.

Im tired of hurting myself like that. Im trying to move on with my life as a mom to the two children I have with me. (One before and one after placing) It isnt fair to them that I always feel the need to be sad and hurting for the little girl I let go of. My heart will ALWAY yearn for her.

I choose to take control of my life and not watch it knowing all I am going to do is relive the adoption and the pain.

I want to be happy.
    TLW514

Answer by TLW514 at 2:38 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I have heard about this show does anyone know how the show contact information or how to get in touch to be on the show.
    iris1

Answer by iris1 at 6:15 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I believe they have a link to apply to be on it at www.ABC.com
    ForeverMom05

Answer by ForeverMom05 at 1:45 PM on Nov. 25, 2009