DD just turn 10 months yesterday and she does not

Crawl (maybe a few steps) and has no teeth. Someone in the same boat as me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You know my cousin never crawled. He went right to walking. And my son had 12 teeth with two more coming in at is 1 year check up! Dr. said it was not normal. But, my niece who is one month behind him only had 1 tooth at her 1 year check up! All kids are different! Is he doing everything else that most babies do at 10 month? Holding things, like his bottle and toys? If so I would not worry!
    smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 9:31 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• My son is 11 1/2 months and he didn't start really crawling at about 10 months or so. He would "army crawl" but he wouldn't pick his belly up off the floor. Then one day he just started to crawl...like really crawl. As for the teeth, he's had 8 (4 top and 4 bottom) since he was about 8 months, so that I'm not sure about. And consider yourself blessed that you could go 10 months without teething! But, I wouldn't worry about it yet. Babies develop at different speeds. My son doesn't talk yet. Not at all. Not a single word. And he will not take a sippy cup, but I'm not worrying about it. (Too much!) Chances are, your child is a late developer, but where it takes an early developer 2 weeks to master something, yours will get the hang of it in a few days. And watch out for when those teeth come in, cause more than likely they are all gonna come in at the same time. Stock up on Oragel!!
    Born2BAMommy5

Answer by Born2BAMommy5 at 9:34 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• DD started between 9 and 10 mos, but DS was 11 mos when he started. And they were both 11 mos when they started getting teeth.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:14 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I never crawled until I was three years old and saw my baby brother doing it. Crawling isn't really a milestone. Some kids never do it.
    Anonymous