first time making turey dinner! wish me luck

I'm doin it todat b/c both my hubby needs to work I need all the luck I can get

enaNianza

Asked by enaNianza at 9:36 AM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Holidays

• I remember cooking my first Thanksgiving supper and how nervous I was for it to all come out just perfect. Well, it wasn't "perfect", but it was edible, and dare I say it, even good...lol.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do fine!
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:41 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• good luck, remember to pull out the innards from the inside of the turkey!
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:44 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Good luck...think positive...breathe and possibly have one glass of wine with that! lol.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:54 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Yep.. don't forget the wrapped packet of the giblets and tukey neck from inside...its a gross thing but ya have to take that out if you are going to stuff your bird!

AND if you do plan on stuffing your bird ( I dubbed mine TINA the TURKEY! ) adjust the cooking time for sure.

GOOD LUCK!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 9:55 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• It isn't hard as long as the bird is thawed. It can take 3 days to thaw a big one. That was my big shock the first time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Tina! lol
    Butterball.com helped me out alot.....GL!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 11:16 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Good luck and remember to take out the giblets and neck!! LOL!! I totally forgot my first time!
    LUVWJ

Answer by LUVWJ at 12:18 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Use a meat thermometer, if it isn't already in the turkey.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 2:09 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• good luck!! and dont stress about it, if something doesn't turn out oh well! and make sure you look in the oven and fridge before you eat, i forgot the green bean casserole and something else my first thanksgiving lol!
    mommy2xp

Answer by mommy2xp at 2:45 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Good luck ! my first turkey was okay except for the oven fire. the second one I discovered Turkey bags by Reynolds and haven't had a fire since. Although....Yes one year I did forget to take the gizzards and the neck out and had a bag of gizzard pulled out with the stuffing...was so glad I didn't cut THAT turkey at the table...Alot of the turkeys have those pop up timers which give you a hint of when the inside is done. Usually I can time it just fine now. Don't fret-have some fun. and don't do Like I usually do and leave the biscuits in the oven and forget them completely as they turn to hockey pucks...sigh
    momof4kids257

Answer by momof4kids257 at 3:06 PM on Nov. 24, 2009