Sippy cup nightmares

How did you all get your little one to take a sippy cup? My son wants nothing to do with it.

Born2BAMommy5

Asked by Born2BAMommy5 at 9:39 AM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my daughter would like to drink from our cups so I got her a sippy cup, she would try to drink from it but that didn't work for awhile, so I would put Ice water in it and she would shake it and put it to her mouth, till she got better coordinated with it, keep giving it and they will eventually get it.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 9:53 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Keep at it momma he will get the hang of it. Put water in it and let him play with it show him he can put it to his mouth. In time he will get the hang of it. I do use the gerber ones cause they are like bottles and used the same way. I am having the same issues with teaching my DD how to drink from a straw.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 10:00 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I tricked my son into drinking out of it. I put water in his bottle and juice in his sippy cup. I let him get into the sucking motion by drinking the bottle and then quickly switched to the sippy cup while he was still in the sucking mode and he has been drinking out of one since and he was about 5 months then.
    melmel83

Answer by melmel83 at 10:19 AM on Nov. 24, 2009