Are Black Friday sales only instore or can I shop these bargains online in the comfort of my home?

I was wondering has anyone ever gotten Black Friday sale prices while shopping online for Christmas? Like Walmart, JCPennys or Macy's? I am not willing to go out and fight the crowd on Black Friday so I was thinking I could get a lot done online if I could still get these sale prices!

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 9:52 AM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Most places have the same or sometimes better sale on-line as they do in the store I always check on-line before i have to deal with the store in person. GL and I hope you have a wonderful hoiday season.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:55 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I would check online first about it.

I know BEALLS in FLA is opening it's doors in some areas at 4 am.......imagine the crowds.

I have heard for years they are not much of a better bargin then other sales during the year. People make a mad rush, but you really are not saving as much. Same sale will happen again before Christmas.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• The Monday following BF is called Cyber Monday, that is when the online sales take place.
    Emberbaby

Answer by Emberbaby at 9:59 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Ooohhh Yeah! I forgot about Cyber Monday! Thanks!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:01 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I heard on the radio this morning that a lot of retail places are offering the same or similar deals online that they are doing in the stores. They announced that Walmart, Target, ToysRus, Best Buy, Gap and Old Navy will offer the same online, but they have limited supplies.

And now that I wrote that, how would that work? If they have limited supplies but the offer is available starting at 4am? Everyone is in different time zones. So would that mean in CA you can start shopping at 1am to get the deals that are open in VA?

Hummm....
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 10:19 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• And now that I wrote that, how would that work? If they have limited supplies but the offer is available starting at 4am? Everyone is in different time zones. So would that mean in CA you can start shopping at 1am to get the deals that are open in VA?

Yep - the announcement will usually include the timezone. And don't forget the places like woot and ebates and the Amazon gold box. There's really not that much reason to do the in-store door buster thing anymore, because they always have as good or better online - if not at that store, a competitor one upping them.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:33 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Thanks for this question. I had no idea, and getting up that early to stand in lines that go all the way around a store are not my idea of a great time. =)
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 12:13 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• It depends on the store. I think a lot of the well known stores will have sales online. LIke JP, Walmart, Meijer, Target, etc. Companies are trying to get every cent they can from people this year to boost their yearly income. Therefore, they're going to have sales longer then one day, and in all venues they can.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:34 PM on Nov. 24, 2009