my 3 year old daughter chews and bites her bottom lip so much that it bleeds.

i have no idea why she does it, or how to get her to stop doing it. have any of you had a child that did this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My daughter is the same way! And, it started with her fingers in her mouth...ALL THE TIME! Her developmental therapist told me to let it go..pick my battles because before I'd know it..she'd be chewing on her hair, and clothes! WELL! I didn't listen..I kept on her about it and what do ya know?! It is now her hair and clothes! Oh and yea, she still has her hands in her mouth 24/7 still.

Maybe her lips are chapped. Get her her very own chap stick and put some on her..and when she starts biting her lip let her apply some.

Maybe she is stressed or anxious. I know my daughter has been through a lot and that's why she has EVERYTHING in her mouth all the time. They say it will go away, but I'm 27 and still occasionally bite my nails.
    Kaydens_mommy06

Answer by Kaydens_mommy06 at 8:24 AM on Nov. 25, 2009