Is $200 to much for a toddler bed?

With the scare about cribs with drop down sides I said screw it I am going to buy my son an actual toddler bed. I want one that is $2oo but my husband says that is to expensive and he want's me to buy the $156 dollar one.

justluvinmyson

Asked by justluvinmyson at 10:37 AM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No longer than they're in a toddler bed, it doesn't make sense to spend a lot on it.
    Here's a nice one for $50.00...

http://www.walmart.com/Dream-Me-Espresso-Toddler-Bed/ip/10542736

and you can get it in white too. This is the same bed sold at Kohl's, TOYS R US & other online stores for quite a bit more. I saw this very bed sold on an online store for $149.99.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 12:16 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• That seems awfully expensive to me. I remember paying around $50 for my daughter's Dora toddler bed, the mattress was actually more expensive costing around $90. I got it when she was almost 2 and she's slept in it great til now - just turned 3 - the only problem we're facing now is she's very tall for her age and might need to graduate to a real twin bed soon. But it is still in such great shape that I plan to use it for my 11 month old.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:41 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I think it really depends on what you can afford. I spent $275 on a toddler bed because it was the one I wanted to buy and I could afford it. Does the extra $44 make that much difference to your budget? If it does, is there something else that costs $44 that you can skip buying to make up for the difference?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• We spent that because we wanted the car bed. Just remember that they are in it a very short time. Probably 2 years at the most. I'm sure the less expensive one is fine if your husband feels strongly about it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:46 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• It's true what the PP said, they are in it for a very short time, so make sure that it is something you really want to spend the money on. We got ours at a childrens resale shop for a steal so even $150 seems way too pricey to me lol. Just make sure it will serve it's purpose well and hold up to what a toddler can put it through, that is all that really matters, right?
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 11:06 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• We bought my grandson a race car bed that you can use the crib mattress in first..then a twin size. I think it was 279.oo at Toys R Us. My granddaughter though had a simple white 40 dollar toddler bed that worked just fine for her. I have since let my sister and my cousin use the same toddler bed and it is still in great shape. My bio boys never had toddler beds. We went from crib to twin and used a bed rail that tucked under the mattress to keep them from falling out. Do what works for you. Personally I would never spend 200 bucks on a bed they will be in less than 3 yrs.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:22 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• My youngest is getting a $50 one. There are really nice ones for about 100-150.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 11:22 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• What does the drop side have to do with a toddler bed? IF your crib converts, convert your crib and bypass the expense of the toddler bed. It won't be used for long. When you convert the crib it won't hvae the drop side anyway. You can get a good toddler bed for around $50-75. You could just right to a twin bed and use the side rails they sell. THat works well too and is the must value for the money considering how long you will use it. My daughter was in the converted crib/toddler bed for about a year and now insists on sleeping in the twin bed we have for guests. So its' her bed now. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I think that's too expensive for a bed.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:29 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• We went straight past toddler beds and bought our toddler a twin bed. Waste of money I say.
    Anonymous