Happend to your child?

Yesterday my 21 month old woke up and ate breakfast. Then he refused to eat anything else for the day. Around 5 I noticed he had cold chills and he shouldn't have because it was warm in the house. So, I checked his temp and it was about 101. I gave him Motrin. It went down. Then I put him to bed at 9:45. I checked his temp again it was 102.7. I gave him more Motrin and went to the hospital. They diagnosed him with influenza. Today he has not temp, he ate breakfast and is drinking just fine. I don't think he has the flu. Has your child ever got sick in like a 30 min period?

armywife2009101

Asked by armywife2009101 at 10:51 AM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• That happened to my son. He got up, ate breakfast and went to school. He said he wasn't feeling well ,but he went anyways. He got home from school and immedietly fell asleep(weird for him). He then got up a little while later and began vomiting. Temp. was over 100. The next morning I took him to the dr. first thing. Tests showed he had the flu. He was givin tamiflu and anti-nausea meds because he wouln't stop throwing up. The next morning, he was fine. No fever, could eat, and was bouncing around.

I still kept him on the tamiflu until it was gone. JIC.

On a side note, when your child has a high fever and you are going to take him to the dr. or hospital, it is best not to give them meds. Otherwise there could be a misdiagnosis on the severity of the illness.

I'm glad your child is feeling better.
    hotmama404

Answer by hotmama404 at 11:00 AM on Nov. 24, 2009