During pregnancy, did you bleed after you had sex?

If so, how much and what did it look like?

I experienced some bleeding this morning and it was a little heavier than spotting but it wasn't red it was a brownish color. My doctor says it's pretty common but since it was a little heavier than spotting I need to keep a close eye on it. Has anyone else experienced this kind of bleeding and did it turn out okay?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 10:52 AM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• in early pregnancy it is normal to bleed/spot after sex.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• If it was brown then it means it was old blood, How far along are you? My ob has always said that durinig pregnancy the cervix is very sensitive and it wont take much to make it bleed, later in pregnancy when she does exams more often she always says look for bleeding spotting is normal but anything you would need a pad for should be checked out!
    youlookin4me

Answer by youlookin4me at 11:40 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• when I was 9 months preggo and spent the day self unducing myself SO and I had sex and I bled pretty heavily afterwards and my contractions started soon after. the bleeding didnt stop until many hours later but it reduced once I was in the hospital
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:54 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I bled once that i remembered after sex in my early pregnancy but my doctor always tells me its normal to spot after anything entering such as when i get checked if im dilating she tells me i could spot for a few days soo no worry. Good luck!
    Casteel_chick

Answer by Casteel_chick at 1:53 AM on Nov. 25, 2009