Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looking for Home Schooling info from someone in the Davison, Mich area:)

For my son who is in 8th grade.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Nov. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

Answers (2)
  • Call the local school board. They have the Homeschooling Dept that you have to register at and they have information and contacts for you.

    Answer by admckenzie at 2:34 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

  • I'm not in Davison, but I'm in Michigan. We're one of the most lenient states for homeschoolers. You'll need to notify your son's school in writing that he will not be returning next year and will be homeschooled -- that's to keep the school from thinking he's truant. You aren't required to do yearly testing and you don't have to follow a state approved curriculum.  Check out other homeschooling laws for our state at



    Answer by michiganmom116 at 3:08 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.