Has anyone ever got their hair permanently straightened at a salon? Did it work? Was there any kind of special care? How long does it last?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Its REALLY harsh on your hair, can damage your scalp if left in too long, and it makes your hair feel fake, and NOT in a pleasant way. If its too strong itll break your hair off in some crazy ways....and i know this from PERSONAL experience! its just not worth the struggle!!!!! I did my hair at home with better results!

And my hair wouldnt be a good example for how long it lasts, it never takes, with a brand new relaxer my hair would still have wave!!! i have VERY tight ringlets!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 11:01 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• My cousin got hers straightened. It curled up again in a week :/

I guess it depends on the persons hair too. We have super curly hair. My little sister has super straight hair. She got a perm and it fell out in 3 days! I guess my families hair just doesnt accept it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• It depends on the type of hair you have. I have wavy hair and it lasted until my hair grew out. I loved it. On the down side, every time my hair got wet (washing or rain) it had a bad smell to it. I think there are a couple of different treatments you can get. Ask what would be best for you and about other customers possible complaints of all treatments.
    hotmama404

Answer by hotmama404 at 11:03 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• A friend of mine loves the Japanese straightening. She gets it every 6 months. Her hair looks great!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:36 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• do you mean a relaxer? is that what you're talking about?
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 3:04 PM on Nov. 24, 2009