After being effaced at 50%and 2 cm dialated how long was it for you til you had your baby?

heidihill09

Asked by heidihill09 at 11:17 AM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I've never had any vaginal exams with my pregnancies, so I couldn't say.
    But I do know of others who went for a long time being pretty open & short before laboring.
    And some who didn't dilate at all until labor just started on it's own.
    Sometimes moms birth at 37 weeks, sometimes 43 weeks.

How far along are you?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:21 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• It could still be awhile or it could be tomorrow, eveyone is different! Good Luck :) I'm 36 weeks along and cant wait for this to be done and over with! Its my 4th and last :)
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 11:24 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• A few weeks.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 11:35 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• A few weeks for me....I ended up being induced 6 days overdue.
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 11:38 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• i was one who wasn't effaced, and was dilated about 1/2 cm at my 40.5 week appt and then my son was born at 41 weeks =) sorry, i know that's not answering your question. well i guess you could say i was 50% and 2 cm for about 2 days to 2 hours. . . ? good luck!!!!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 11:45 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I was about that at 39 weeks.. I had him 2 days overdue.

At my 40 week checkup I was 3cm and still 50%.. but then 2 days later I went into labor.
    KandiceN

Answer by KandiceN at 12:06 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• 2 weeks for me. A friend of mine was 2 cm and 50% for two weeks as well.
    MandiDueAug09

Answer by MandiDueAug09 at 1:14 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I was 5 cm. and 75% effaced at 37 weeks. I ended up being induced 2 days after my DD. It really varies for people. At 37 weeks I was about 2cm. and 50% effaced one day and the next day I was 5 cm. and 75% but still ended up being like that for over 3 weeks :/
    Anonymous

• Yeah, I really don't know the point of getting checked because it's not an indication of when the babies going to come. Where I go I have never been checked because as everybody pretty much knows, the baby is going to come when it's ready and a due date is not set in stone. What should be said is that your baby is going to come sometime within this two week time frame :) Then we wouldn't be waiting on pins and needles loosing sleep every night wondering "is this going to be the night?" :)
    Anonymous

• I held at 2 cm dialated and 50% effaced for 2 weeks, starting at week 35. Then Monday of week 37 I was 3cm and 80% effaced, and encouraged to "pay attention" to what my body was telling me. I went into labor Wednesday night, about 10pm, (probably in early labor all day) and my son was delivered after 7 contractions, and 11 minutes of pushing at 4:18pm. ;)

My best advice is this: It'll happen when it happens, and you will know it.
    yamdankypita

Answer by yamdankypita at 2:57 PM on Nov. 24, 2009