What is your opinion?

So if you were pregnant with your 2nd child, and you and your DH and other child lived in a 2 bd apartment that wasnt very big and you also had a 2 door car and he had a single cab truck, would your first priority be to get a bigger place to live or to go buy a new, bigger vehicle.
We pay $375 for rent right now and have been looking at buying a house. House payment with the monthly insurance included would be $440 a month. We can afford that. We would also have 3 bedrooms and about 1100 more sq ft than we do now.

The vehicle would be probably around $250-300 a month and about an $8-10,000 vehicle. (newer, used vehicle).

We can only afford to do one thing right now, but I think going ahead with the bigger place to live right now would be the better option bc this is where we LIVE and we'll be here like 75% of the time. The only time we would need more room in a vehicle would be mostly on the weekends. He thinks vehicle

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Can you fit 2 carsseats in the car?
    If yes then I would go for a bigger place . If no then I would get a bigger car and make due with the place you have.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:38 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• It would be really cramped in your house with 2 kids they have soooo much stuff. However unless your car has a back seat they is no way to car seats can fit in your truck....I would still get the house.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:40 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Wow! How could a mortgage payment be that low? Where do you live? I would go for a larger house if I were you.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:40 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• two***not to
    armywife2009101

• Yep I have a backseat and two carseats can fit in there, I've already made sure. My oldest is in a booster seat. It's just a little cramped. And house payments around here arent that bad. My grandparents bought a house about 10 years ago for $65,000 and they're payment is $417 a month with insurance included and a fixed interest rate and their house was appraised at $116,000 and that being out in the country down a gravel road and having 7 acres of land and around here that's pretty good.
    He's dead set on getting another vehicle. You know how men are about vehicles...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I would go for the new house too....since you can fit both kids in the car you have. But...if your dh insists, you'll be ok in a two bedroom for awhile longer, both kids can share a bedroom for a few years.
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 11:49 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• We used to live in apts too. I would go for a house. You will spend more time there and you will probably get a nice backyard for the kids. The market is good right now too.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 11:55 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Our apartment now isn't big enough for two kids in the same room. I have her bed and a dresser in there and the only toys she has out is the one's that she plays with the most and then all the rest are in her closet stacked up about as tall as me lol We have the baby bed in our room and ALL her baby stuff IN her crib bc I have nowhere to put it. theres about a 2 1/2-3 ft space all the way around our bed and thats it. I bet our apartment is 650sq ft maybe. It's horrible. We were needing a bigger place even before I was pregnant and now I feel even more cramped. I've even got rid of stuff that wasn't essential for us to use right now and I have a bunch of stuf stored in my grandma's basement just to give us a little extra room.
    I'll be the one with the kids most of the time since he'll be at work and it's no big deal for me and the two kids to fit in the car. AND we just got this car paid off in August :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• House for sure.
    KandiceN

Answer by KandiceN at 12:03 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Definately, house.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:08 PM on Nov. 24, 2009