has anyone ever used reglan for milk production?

I'm having trouble getting my supply back after a very lenghty break from bfing. has anyone ever used reglan for this? (pretty sure that's what its called)Did it work? how hard is it to get a doc to perscribe it?

mommy2Jayden21

Asked by mommy2Jayden21 at 11:46 AM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have. My milk production was at 10 oz a day it went up to about 14-16 oz, I took it for 8 days. My OB did not want it to give me in the first place, when I asked for more he told me no, and my production slowly tapered back down.

He told me no for good reason.. I was experiencing bad side effects that i tried to lie to him about and he caught me when my arm started twitching uncontrollably in his office. I had twitching and movements..... it was really weird, my arms and legs would just move. Just like I move them. my arm would lift up, or my leg would kick out. I got so dizzy just out of nowhere that I couldn't drive. I started to feel unsafe home alone with my baby.

I tried Motilium after that. Production went to 20 oz a day and I was able to keep it up. i took two 30 day supply's. Its not easy to get though, you have to have it made. Let me know if you need the number to the pharmacy i used.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 12:44 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Here is what I would suggest (I am not familiar with Reglan):
    Drink lots of water, at least 6 oz every time you nurse and every time you pump
    Have lots of skin-to-skin contact with your baby
    Take brewers yeast tabs
    Look at pictures of your baby while you pump
    Wait at least an hour after nursing to pump

Answer by rkoloms at 12:02 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I used it, didn't help. Try domperidone instead. Reglan has now been added to the black list! Dom saved my life!
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 1:31 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Reglan is known to cause some really bad side effects.

How are the dipe counts right now/ Are you drinking 64 ounces liquid daily? What are your symptoms of low supply?

Answer by gdiamante at 3:51 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Okay...the only way i know to increase milk production is PUMP PUMP PUMP, and of course eat well, specially oatmeal , and keep yourself hydrated...trust me it will work. Not even fenugreek helped me...supply and demand... PUMP PUMP PUMP it will work trust me! It's better to do small pumping sessions rather than pump for a long time.
    mommy2sophie

Answer by mommy2sophie at 4:32 PM on Nov. 24, 2009