Good idea or not?

Ok here's my situation, my husband and I separated 7 months ago, I got an apartment in town. My rent is very high, and it's hard for me to make it. The only debts I have are my car payment, which I owe less than 6,000 on and best buy card, which isn't much either. My mom has been begging me to come live with her, she has a 3 bedroom house, no house payment, just utilities. I lived with my mom my whole life up until I got married. I would save over 700 dollars a month by doing this, but I'm 31 years old. Is is weird to go back home?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• In this economy if you get a break take it.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:59 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• If you can live there and still be happy, go for it.
    -xoxo-

Answer by -xoxo- at 12:05 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• were i you i would consider my future schedule, bck home at..., your kids life and t you could give them... i probably would prefer to stay far from my mom (sorry). long lasted already. can't you give an add on campus (international students office, housing services etc.) saying you can have a student or 2 living in one room spliting your share? depending on age of your kids (if any) you would always have somebody there had you have to go out.
    baby133

Answer by baby133 at 12:05 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Sorry to hear about your problems. I know what you mean by moving back in....lol. It would feel weird for me. Try to look at it this way, if you have a good relationship with your mom, take a break and your child will get to have lots of time with grandma. Buy some groceries from time to time to show your mom a big thanks. I think its nice that she is willing to lend you a hand. GL!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 12:20 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• No go back and pay off your bills. You are lucky to be able to do this. I wish we had a place to stay for just a year. We would be able to pay off a lot.

But do not forget to thank her by helping her around the house.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:29 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• It's never weird to save money. You could pay off your debts and save for a down payment for your own home.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:37 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• If you think you can get along with her, I say go for it! I love my mom more than anything but having lived with her once, I know I could never go back to her house. She didn't like the way I disciplined my kids or cleaned house. She would get in these weird moods where she seemed mad and I would have no idea why. Sometimes the kids and i would go for drives just to get out of the house. But this sounds like a good deal for you.
    Anonymous