Are you having problems buying christmas presents this year??

With the economy and all that jazz.. are you doing anything to make extra money or making gifts?? Doing anything differently?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Shopping

• I joined AVON so I could make some extra money during the Holidays. Im also getting ALL of my gifts from there. B/c I sell I get discounts :) They really do have cute gifts for everyone! www.youravon.com/rebekahmiller
    beka03

Answer by beka03 at 12:02 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I'm having problems, but not in the way you mentioned. I have found that stores are severely understocked and I keep finding they are already out of whatever I have come to buy. I keep getting the story about how the truck came last night and they sold out before closing.

Anonymous

• Im actually doing a couple of bake sales one this weekend and one on Dec 5th. Thats how I'm making extra money. I am making some gifts. Like to all the grandparents Im making a photo collage.We live 14 hours away from them, so they dont get to see there grand kid much.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 12:05 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I'm not buying like I used to that's for sure..everything is so damn expensive it's insane...my little one asked for a nintendo ds and it's like $120 He already has a ps2 and tons of games and he's only 7 he's too little for those..I'm considering just buying one inexpensive cool toy and stuff he needs and my daughter is 13 wants a $200 gift card from walmart but that's not happening either maybe $50 My other son is12 and don't care what he gets as long as it makes him happy. but I used to spend close to $200 a kid but more like $70 this year...
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 12:18 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I'm putting most on credit cards which isn't smart by any means but I do what I have to do. I try not to spend as much but it's hard cause I love shopping for others.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 12:55 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I'm making gifts for friends and family. I love to bake, so I'm giving homemade breads and cookies. Also, my family and I are going to volunteer to help distribute gifts through a local program for less fortunate families. I can't wait!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 1:16 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• can not afford gifts for anyone this year! even my kids...one is 15, she says she understands..the other is 4 - he's not going to understand. Grandparents will be giving the gifts to the kids. We are barely hanging on to our house....it is surprisingly sad.
    mxgirls

Answer by mxgirls at 1:50 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• i just buy a little here and a little there with each paycheck that dh brings home. Im just about done. All i have to get now is stocking suffers.
    Bekah062205

Answer by Bekah062205 at 3:37 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Not really I got all my kdis presents and spent about the same, I know alot of people that cannot though.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 4:45 PM on Nov. 25, 2009