What is your story? good time or bad... Please read and share..

i have noticed alot on here today there have been alot of bashing of others. so it being close to thanksgiving...can we take a moment to share our stories of success or hard times...to reflect...and share how we feel at this time of the year...please post anon so no one can judge anyone...this is cafe mom..we should support each other..not bash..thanks..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I left my man after being abused in everyway.

I was pregnant and I had a 2 year old. The system helped me but I also helped my self. I am now independent and will work hard to stay that way.
    Anonymous

• We have moved to our first duty station.

I'm happy that I get to meet everybody who will be deploying with my husband in March. They are good men. HOAH!!!
    Anonymous

• OP here. i am a single mother of two...(due to a divorce) i left because he was abusive cheated and refused to stop his drug use. my children are 2 and 5. we left almost 2 years ago. it has been hard but i am thankful for the new man in my life. he has helped me keep my sanity the past few months. this past month alone. i have lost my father. my car broke down. i had to drop some of my college courses because after my dad passed. i had a hard time doing anything with out bursting into tears. i also had a friend commit suicide. this week my SO and lost a baby to miscarriage. which i am still on meds for. i am thankful for my kids. the roof over my head..and the food in our tummies. i am thankful for my job. while it doesnt have the best of pay. i am thankful to have a job in these hard times. I hope at this time of year everyone tries to show compassion for others. because just maybe they are hurting and feel alone.
    Anonymous

• i was sexually abused as a child, told from a young age that I would never amount to anything, that i was worthless. My father beat me with a gunrod till I had welts on my back, i watched my brother get run over by a truck when i was 14yrs old, I then stopped caring about life. I got into drugs, slept around, didn't care what I did to myself or how I represented myself. Dropped out of highschool, got pregnant and married. My ex was also an abusive man, told me I was worthless and hit me. After I was put in a psycho ward for trying to kill myself at the age of 23, my world changed. I realized I could hold on to the pain of my life and let it destroy me or I could change my life to what I wanted. I divorced my husband, told bad friends to fk off. Then i quit doing drugs, got my GED, got my Stna, and now I am in college for nursing. I'm also now engaged to a wonderful man who treats me like a queen...because I deserve the BEST!!!
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 1:01 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• We just got our house back !!!! Yes, they wrongfully foreclosed in May, contacted us in Sept and now as I type this we are moving back in.
    Anonymous

• op here...worried mommy i am sorry for your hard times...but good for you getting on track...i know from personal experience how hard that can be....drugs are hard to overcome...YES you do deserve the best....and anon 22 that is soo wonderful. congrats on getting your house back!..anon 06...independence feels so good...keep going....you sound like a strong woman. that is a wonderful example to set for you child....anon 08....thank you for your families service.
    Anonymous

• My dad was an abusive alcoholic who used to abuse me and my mother. He tried to kill me when I was 15. I moved in with my grandma and was a wild child. You name it I did it. I graduated high school started college while engaged to a suicidal control freak. I didn't like my major dropped out after 2 years. Met my DH (he's amazing) had my DS in May of this year and have a job I love. I'm going back to school in the fall. I'm thankful for all experiences good and bad.
    Anonymous