HOW in the world do i get the stupid close caption off my tv??

we have a jvc flatscreen tv with comcast cable. well i had a friends baby over and he hit buttons either on the cable box or tv remote some how got a black sreen with a list of small print option and when i turned the tv off and on again i noticed subtitles on. I have tried to get it off but have faild and it is driving me crazy!! the tv says the closed captions is off and i even tried to format it to be clear but it hasn't changed. Comcast insist that they don't offer closed captions. I feel like running down the street screeming in frustration lol any help would be wonderful

8firsttimemom8

Asked by 8firsttimemom8 at 12:11 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Technology

• Have you consulted your owner's manual? There is usually a troubleshooting section in it and maybe there is a solution to the problem. I don't have a problem with having the captioning on because my DH has a slight hearing impairment, and it seemed to help our son learn to read sooner and better,IMO. Or maybe you can go to JVC's site for help. Good luck.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 1:08 PM on Nov. 24, 2009