How Do You Serve By Mail?

I need to serve an agency for court. There is a box on the paper for the option mail, but I do not know how to do it. Has anyone ever served anyone for a court appearance by mail?

MiSSHiSCAMP0S

Asked by MiSSHiSCAMP0S at 12:20 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think certified mail with required signature.

Anonymous

• Yep, you send it certified, signature required, return receipt, so you'll get the little green card back. That little green card will be your proof that you served them.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 12:23 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• If its something serious that's not a route I'd take.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 12:38 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Hundreds and hundreds (at work). Like PP's said - certified, signature confirm. Check w/ the court clerk though, to see what your state law is. When we did ours, we did the actual mailing at work, but the green signature card had to be addressed to be returned to the court, not us.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:46 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Thanks ladies. I have to serve by mail because I am in Boston and the place I am serving is in NYC. :)
    MiSSHiSCAMP0S

Answer by MiSSHiSCAMP0S at 2:43 PM on Nov. 24, 2009