Few questions for you already mommys! Please read...

This is my second pregnancy with my first i was great, felt great very little sickness just enough to say my belly hurt but never kept me down, in a good mood, not very tired, all in all it was great i thought i LOVED being pregnant! Well this one not so much! I am SICK to the point i cant move or i will vomit all over the place, I get virus sick very easy, headaches (BAD), if it happens in pregnancy its happing to me. Anyways, I have a doppler like the dr uses to hear the babys heart beat b/c my hubby cant make it to my appts, I am 12 weeks and have been hearing it for 2 weeks, and now i cant! I have tried for the past 3 days and cant find it! Im freaking out! I go to the dr on monday. Do you think i should worry? and because of being sick i havent been able to take my prenates they make me worse no matter what time of day i take them. So i have stopped the past 2 weeks do you think this is really hurting the baby? CONT..

babymaddy

Asked by babymaddy at 12:33 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• at this point, don't worry to much.. Its difficult to find the heartbeat at this stage... baby has alot of wiggle room, and you being sooo sick is actually a good sign that your body is being bombarded by pregnancy hormones!!! at this point your baby will pull all he or she needs from your body, its you who may become deficant in nutriants...but our bodies are pretty amazing... you'll have pleanty of time to restash your vitamin and minerals in about a month when the sickness subsides... in the mean time, rest and focus on fluids.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 1:35 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I know that there are women who cant afford prenates and their babies are fine, and women in other countries never have dr care and they have healthy babies. I just worry i am doing something horribly wrong but i have an 18 month old to take care of so i cant be down more than i am right now. As soon as this mornings sickness goes away i will start taking them again. I have tried 3 prescribed and over the counter all make me sick :( what do y'all think?
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 12:34 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• The nurse told me to break them in half and take one in the morning and one at night. That the reason they make you sick is because you get too much iron in your system. So thats what I did and it worked for me. Its worth a shot at least! And if your concerned about not hearing a heartbeat then I would call your doctor and see what they have to say. Good Luck!!!
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 12:41 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• i honestly do not think not taking the prenatal vitamins is hurting your baby. i do think they are a great way to prevent some problems but i also think they are most important early in pregnancy. but if you are too sick, then don't stress about that. my thinking is that baby has changed positions/moved around a bit and that's why you can't hear the heart beat. ? gl!
    Anonymous

• i was supposed to have a dr appt yest but i was sick so i have to wait til monday now, i am scared to tell them abou the heart beat because they told me not to freak out if i didnt hear it! LOL but 3 times now? Im getting worried. I guess i will try again tonight and if i dont then i will call tomorrow!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 12:44 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• i was like that both pregnacies. my doctor tolme me it meat my hormones were wroking and not to worry. i was pukingall the time,. so they did wathc my weight and baby growth, both my kids were born healthy. i hate being pregnant it makes me miserable
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:01 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• You can try breaking up one pill into halves and always take it on a full stomach. As long as you are eating a range of healthy foods then you are probably getting enough vitamins. You're body is designed to give to the baby first and rob your body of what it needs, so don't worry just yet. Don't freak out about not finding the heart beat, you would know if something was different or wrong with your baby and body.
    Anonymous

• the baby is still really small try using the dopler on your back too doctors cant always find the heartbeats that early on either you cant worry about it you would know if you were having a miscarriage the sickness will go away eventually
    Anonymous

• Prenatal vitamins are very important. They are most important in the 1st trimester when every thing is developing and if you're really sick and not keeping much down they are even more important. I take "Spring Valley" prenatals that you buy at Walmart and they've never made me sick. I take them right before bed (not much point in taking them early in the day when I was vomiting).

Don't worry about not being able to find the heartbeat on your own. They baby can be tricky for the doctor to find. Those at home heartbeat doplars really aren't worth the money.

Being super sick is a good sign that the pregnancy is strong. Just be sure you're staying hydrated and keeping enough nutrients down.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 1:28 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Have you found your placenta? Do you know where it is?
    You tiny fetus can move around easily making it difficult to hear the tones sometimes.
    You can try again or wait a while to try again.

Try some of the strategies for morning sickness (ginger, peppermint, small-frequent snacks, kid's vitamins instead... etc.) and don't worry too much about the prenatal vites right now. One thing at a time.
    ;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:23 PM on Nov. 24, 2009