how do i get my 13 month old to sleep through the night?

I am a mother of a 28 month old son and a 13 month old daughter and both sleep with me in my room. My eldest used to sleep in his crib but lately hes in the bed with us and my dd is in a crib next to the bed but she wakes up at least twice a night crying and not out of hunger. I still partially breastfeed and mostly at night cos she likes to use me as a pacifier i suppose i have no idea what to do and i dont want to wean her now any help would be appreciated thanx.

sara81106

Asked by sara81106 at 12:52 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you don't want her to wean, then you're kind of stuck feeding her and letting her use you as a pacifier.
    Anonymous

• My daughter was waking to nurse between 4-5 am at 13 months. I finally just stopped nursing her then (not the same as weaning her; she still nurses 3-4 times a day). I'd have my husband go and get her and hold her for a minute and then he'd put her back down in the pack n' play in our room (not back in her crib simply because she shared a room with our 2 1/2 year-old daughter). THe first night she cried for about 10 minutes, but she knew we were close and she did put herself back to sleep; the second night it was 5 minutes; she hasn't woken up at that time since. I'm not sure how you could do it with both kiddos in your bed, though. If you want to keep it that way, I think you're just going to have to wait it out until she starts doing it on her own.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:01 PM on Nov. 24, 2009