MICE!

i have mice in my house. cause of construction going on in the area , and the demolition of houses behind my house they've all seemed to come our way..Do any of yall have aquick and fast easy way to get rid of them by homemade traps, we dont a have a vehicle at the moment its in the shop getting some repairs.. I need some that will be made fast and with stuff around the house! HELP ME PLEASE! i have a huge phobia of mice. i need something to get rid of them fast.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Home & Garden

• all i know is mouse traps so i will check back to see what someone else might say. i have mice in the winter due to living in the country around cattle and lots of fields plus i live in a trailer and mice always seem to get into them. I hate and can not stand mice either. good luck!
    alyssa1

Answer by alyssa1 at 1:06 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Mouse trap, mouse posion will only create them dying in your walls. Eeeeewww that is worst.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:09 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I would use mouse traps with peanut butter, it seems to attract the mice. I also recommend taking moth balls and putting them around the outside of your house. That should help prevent anymore from coming in.
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 1:10 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• i cant go to store cuz of no vehicle.
    Anonymous

• iv herd if you put out potato flakes it will kill them i also found this home made trap~ Lightly coat a large bucket with vegetable oil. Place the bucket next to table, work bench or chair. Balance a pvc or paper towel tube on the edge of the table directly over the bucket. Place a small dab of peanut butter inside the end of the tube that is hanging over the bucket. The mouse will enter the tube to get the peanut butter, the tube will tip and fall into the bucket. The mouse will not be able to get out of the bucket because of the vegetable oil on his feet.
    ashleywilkerson

Answer by ashleywilkerson at 1:45 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• good luck im fighting with them too i think we just about got them tho. we got them after our neighbors moved.
    ashleywilkerson

Answer by ashleywilkerson at 1:46 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• ANYTHING else ladies! im desperate, im extremely scared of them and i have two young children so poison is out of the question.
    Anonymous

• Are they already in your house? I've heard that putting moth balls around the exterior of your house will keep them away (I've never used this because of my dog). Maybe a home made glue trap, a heavy piece of paper with some sort of sticky adhesive on it, glue or maybe tape (like duck tape) sticky side up, then pb as bait.

I've had them too over the years and what worked best for us was the cheapo wooden traps (also then I don't feel bad tossing them, I know people who reuse them - gross). We also used poison very selectively placed, but our cat has been the very best remedy to our mice problem. We haven't seen a single mouse (aside from the dead ones he leaves us) since we got him.

Good luck with your mouse problem, I hate them too.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 2:51 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Ive seen two little ones does that mean there is any more???
    Anonymous

• Peppermint oil, onions, anmonia and mothballs are all supposed to drive mice away. They hate the odor
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 3:30 PM on Nov. 24, 2009