Donate breast milk

My friend have around 80 bags of breast milk that she cant use for her baby because the baby had an allergy towards her diet. Now I feel sorry if she throw those milk away. She live in South Carolina...I heard about donating breast milk but dont know where to go...help please !
Thank you

indahkd

Asked by indahkd at 1:07 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Health

• Go to the milkshare group here on CM or to Milkshare.com to find a mom to donate to directly. It's cheaper than a mother having to go through a milk bank to buy milk and it's healthier because it hasn't been pasturized which kills some of the things in it.

I donated breastmilk when I was nursing my daughter. I found a mom in my town who needed milk and it was a very easy experience. All I had to do was provide my records showing I was STD and disease free (simply blood work at the doctors office and most often the person accepting the milk will take your records from when you were pregnant as long as they aren't to old) to the person I donated to.

You can get the form for her to fill out and have her doc sign at www.milkshare.com.

GOOD FOR HER FOR WANTING TO DONATE! Did you know if every women who COULD donate did there would NEVER be a need for formula??? :)
    Anonymous