?

How important is it that women pay HALF of everything? I dont mind contributing..but I also like to feel like my man can and wants to provide for me and his family....Also, the househole stuff is NOT 50/50, so why should the finances be??
Id like some insight...no bashing! Just opinions would be nice!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• My husband and I just put all of our money in the checkings account. Our billers take the money out when its due. Thats how we do it. Before we were married he had his pay check and I had mine. I paid my car insurance,car payments, and half of the rent and utilities. He did the same. When it came to the kid and the groceries we shopped together and split it half and half.
    Anonymous

• My husband and I combine our incomes. From our joint funds, we pay our bills and decide how to invest the leftovers (if any).

Answer by rkoloms at 1:20 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• My husband and I use the money we need, it doesn't matter who made it. It helps that we have similar philosophies on spending and saving. We do chores the same way. We each have stuff that we do- he does car and yard, I cook and do housework, but if one sees something that needs to be done, they do it. It comes out so that we are both happy.

Answer by Bmat at 1:21 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• This stuff should be discussed before marriage. (financial division, household chores, child rearing, etc)
    Anonymous

• Personally, I don't want to be dependent on ANY man. I've provided for myself before, and I could do the same if I had to now. That said, we combine our paychecks in a joined account, and pay the bills out of that. We both keep a small portion of each paycheck in our individual accounts, which is our spending money for whatever "luxury items" we may want. But yes, I believe if I want to be treated like an equal, I should also have the responsibilities of an equal. And we share the housework.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:55 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I will go 50/50 on bills that are combined... whatever we have seperate from that is our own responsibility. I am not currently in a relationship but when I was, this is how it was.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 3:22 PM on Nov. 24, 2009