getting period back after baby

It's been 8 1/2 weeks since I had my daughter and I still haven't gotten my period back...is that normal?

I breastfed for two weeks. Then four weeks later (6 weeks PP) I started birth control (Yaz, pill). The day I started the pill I was cramping horrendously and I had a little bit of bright red blood the day before but it just went away and the cramping turned out to be a severed kidney infection...so what's going on? Are the pills just trying to regulate me? I'm crampy but nothing! I've been on the pills for 2 1/2 weeks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I thought you werr not supposed to start BC until you had your period.....But your on the pill so who knows. My BC when it would be time for my period I cramp and get moody, but there is never any blood.
    Anonymous

• You can start the pill any time. I breast fed for a little over a year and didn't get my period until after I weaned him. I started the pill about 2 months after I had my son. It takes your body a few months to return to how it use to function. And a little info. on YAZ, it will kill your sex drive. I use to use it and so did 3 other of my friends. After a year a decreased labidos, some how over drinks me and my best girls started talking about not wanting or caring about having sex anymore and the time in which that had started. The one thing we all had in common was the BC pill YAZ. None of us had kids at that point either. Shortly after my friend quit taking it she started getting "aroused" again. Just a little food for thought.
    Anonymous

• I was on Yaz before I had my daughter for 3 years and I never had issues with my sex drive. I was and still am always ready to go lol - OP
    Anonymous