Could I.U.D. cause a negative result when you take a prenancy test?

I dont know if it is my mind playing tricks on me or what. This time a year ago was when i found out i was 3 months pregnant. Lately i have noticed i have been getting nausous, boobs are bigger and all i want to do is eat ( but i think thats caused by my stress levels). Also i have been feeling those little gas-like kicks like you get in the early stage of pregnancy before they start beating your insides. I have taken 2 tests but im still feeling the symptoms....any ideas? should i just go get one done at the doctors?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No. I had an IUD previously and my OB said that if I felt pregnant to take a test, and it would show up. If you are getting a negative result it might just be too early to test. If not, then you most likely aren't pregnant. An IUD would not cause a negative result.
    kylismomma

Answer by kylismomma at 1:47 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• No, an IUD won't affect the results of a pregnancy test. If you keep testing and have a negative result you are not pregnant.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 3:55 PM on Nov. 24, 2009