When did you start your kids on Stage 2 foods?

My little guy is 5 1/2 months old. We've progressed our way through 2 cereals (rice and oatmeal that he has every day), the 5 stage 1 veggies (he gets 1/2 of a jar every day), and 1 of the 4 stage 1 fruits (1/2 a jar per day) and so far no problems with the solids.
Just curious as to when to start the next stage. We use Beech Nut food.

amw529

Asked by amw529 at 1:55 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We started solids at around 7 months; never used jarred foods. You can find great information on these two websites: www.babyledweaning.com www.superbabyfood.com

Answer by rkoloms at 2:04 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• The only difference between stage 1 and stage 2 is the size of the jar. It's more cost effective to use the stage 2 jars anyway because one of them costs less than two stage 1 jars. Just put half in a bowl, then store the rest in the jar in the fridge.

Just stick to all the single ingredients then make sure when you start the combos there is only one new ingredient and try it the same way as the singles.

We started out with stage 2 at 4 months.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:06 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• My daughter is 6 months and we just started stage 2. I just waited until she had made it through all the stage 1 to make sure she wasn't allergic to anything. She is also starting to eat finger foods that are really soft like little pieces of banana.
    Anonymous

• We started stage 2 around 4.5 months. Stage 1 was pretty much useless for us, the consistency is like 1% thicker. She's 11 months old and gets mostly stage 3 foods now, but she still gets a few stage 2 vegetables every now and then.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:09 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I found stage 2 to be the same consistency as stage 1, just bigger jars. So you can switch at anytime...Now with my second I have been making all his food. He is almost 7 months and I just started to add meats into his food so I guess you can compare that to stage 3 jars. I never gave the stage 3's to my daughter bc they looked and smelled disgusting LOL

MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 3:46 PM on Nov. 24, 2009