Is it weird?

Is it weird that I care for 2 children in addition to my own child but have reservations about letting the mother of the other children watch my own child? The mother simply has no idea how to care for children and how to interact with them. She gets frustrated extremely easy and is a yeller. If she does not yell, then she just sticks her children in another room and then complains for 20 minutes that they won't "shut up". She cringes when she hears my child fuss or throw a fit. (my child is 2). She has offered several times to watch my child for an hour so I could get some "me" time. But I feel uncomfortale leaving my child with her for even that long. I don't think she would ever hurt my child but it bothers me how she treats children in general. Is it weird or wrong for me to feel this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• Nope not weird at all. I have a friend who is like that and I would never leave my children in her care.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 2:00 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• no, not weird at all. its maternal instinct to protect your child. extreme yelling is verbal abuse, and keeping the children un supervised in another room is not "watching" them. if something happened she wouldnt know what to do.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 2:01 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• No. If you feel weird about it, don't do it. I have a friend that has nannied and worked in daycares for years, and I won't leave my baby with her. I have been on the phone with her before when she is supposed to be watching the kids and she is just chatting away. I'm super picky about who I leave her with.
    Anonymous

• Oh no, nothing weird at all. Trust your mothering instinct =)
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:08 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• No not weird, I did in home daycare for years and I don't think I would have left any of the moms watch my kids.
    Anonymous

• Always go with your gut, that instinct is in you for a reason.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:46 AM on Nov. 25, 2009