went and bought a netipot today to clear my sinus' now everytime I blow my nose its bloody?

I've had a bad stuffy nose and slight cough for almost 2 weeks... Today I went and bought a netipot because its helped me before and it's safe for pregnant women.. I figured it would clear up whatever was in my sinus cavity. Well when I would blow my nose SOMETIMES there would be a little bit of blood. Now that Ive used the netipot it keeps coming out bloody. Is it just the bloody snot that was lodged coming out or is it something I should be worried about?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Health

• Did you use too much salt? Did you use NON iodized salt? If no to both of these, I wouldn't worry until it's alot of blood or 3 days of this.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:16 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• No I have the packets that come with the netipot it says one packet for 8oz. So I put one packet and filled the bottle to the 8oz line. So I know its not the salt.. Hmm maybe just lodged bloody bogies
    Anonymous

• I use the packets of sinu-cleanse that came with mine and it says use a whole packet, but that stuff burns like a mofo. I make one packet last 4 rinses and it doesn't burn. I would use the netipot again to wash the blood out. It has happened to me once. I used it then my nose started bleeding a bit, I blew it and eased up a bit so I used it again and a bloody string of mucus came out from my sinuses. After that there was no more blood. Sometimes it happens when I have or am getting a sinus infection.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 2:31 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Could you have a Sinus Infection?
    Anonymous

• It's possible that I do. It would explain my stuffy nose and headaches
    Anonymous