Mommy radar

I had to giggle earlier because my parents think they're sooo sneaky when they sneak treats to my daughter behind my back. I was actually sitting here on CM and heard the candy jar open and my dad saying "shhh" to my daughter. But even if he hadn't said anything I would've still known he snuck her some. It's the grandparents way I suppose. But it's funny now, when I was a kid/teenager I thought I was the master of deception but now I know as a mom that nothing gets passed us.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It is funny b/c I already have that mommy intuition and my Dd is only 8 mos. I can tell when she's headed to do something she's not supposed to, it's like I can see in her eyes what she's about to do. It doesn't help that she already has a mischievious 'I'm doing something I shoudn't' smile down pat.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 6:03 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• That's so true! My sis and I thought we were the masters of sneaking out at night, my mom knew the whole time. A couple of times we got home to find a stick holding our window shut. My kids are still little so the sneaking they try to do is taking stuff out of the fridge when I am in the living room. My son asks me how I know he is opening the door to try and sneak some soda, I tell him because that's how good I am! I yell at them from another room that they better stop whatever they are doing and they look at me like "how did she know?"
    Anonymous

• haha. Keep thinking that when your kids are 16 and really are sneaking out without you noticing! Think, that was just the time you caught it. Imagine all the other times you haven't.
    Anonymous

• LOL anon 34. I'll have to remember that about the window. Great idea! How did you end up getting in?
    Anonymous

• LOL that's what my mom does, sneaky sneaky! I'm like mom no treats till she eats dinner! LOL
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 2:59 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• anon :58 we had to knock on the front door! Then we felt really stupid. I'm getting my practice now. I have nieces who are teens and tweens and they think I was born yesterday! They're learning quick though, some moms really are that good!
    Anonymous

• I love your story! Funny. Kids sneak everything. My dd was tormenting her little brothers the other day while I was cooking. She said "I wasnt blah blah....." I told her "I know she was up to becauseI had older brothers too when I was little so stop sneaking."
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 3:51 PM on Nov. 24, 2009