My nanny let my baby cry!! :(

Hello Mommies!! I need your opinion so i can be assured that I'm not over reacting. I have or at least I thought I had a wonderfull nanny. But yesterday, my husband told me something that disturbed me and we don't know what to do. When my husband went to pick up our 6-month old baby from the nanny's house ( she runs an in-house daycare) he found her standing in the kitchen with her arms crossed as our 51/2 baby girl sobbed in the other room. He rushed to get her as the nanny stood in the kitchen, he found her on her tummy, her face red and swollen from crying, the sheets were soaked which leads us to believe that she was there crying for a while. As my husband tired to confort our baby the nanny replied " you guys spoiled her over the weeked" She is good baby and will play with her toys alone for long periods of time. Please help!! should i find another nanny? am I over reacting? what you you do in my situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:41 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think this is really simple: If you no longer trust your daycare provider, it's time to look for another one.
    Anonymous

• I agree... I would NEVER leave my baby with somebody I didn't trust completely. And besides, it's impossible to "spoil" a 6 month old! I'm not okay with the whole "crying it out" thing in the first place, though.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:46 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• No you aren't overreacting. You're the parent. You get to decide how your child is cared for. In my opinion letting a child cry is neglect - plan and simple. And frankly I would never let my child go back in to this woman's care... If she ignored her crying what would she have done if your child was quiet? Does she ignore her then too? So, if something goes wrong would this woman even know? Yeah, no! I would be finding a new sitter - in my mind it's that simple!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:46 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I agree, if letting your child cry it out is something you would not do, why should your nanny do it? A child does not get spoiled over one weekend. Sounds iffy to me.
    Anonymous

• Well, look at the whole situation. Did anyone ask what happened? Why was she crying? Did she not have her way and throw a temper fit?

If you don't trust your child care provider then it's time to get a new one or just deal with it. Discipline outside you and your DH is not bad.
    Anonymous

• OH, HUH UH! I would definitely be finding me another nanny There is no excuse for letting a baby cry like that! I would have gathered my babies things & told the person that I would not be bringing her back & she could forget any pay that she' s due if any up until then.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 2:48 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• My baby NEVER cries with me...if she whines I let her all i have to do is give her a little teething toy or put her on her playmat and she will sooth herself and play alone for a long time...she was in the playpen, FACE DOWN and no toys for her to play. She's a good baby...she really is.
    mommy2sophie

Answer by mommy2sophie at 2:50 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Ask yourself this. Do you let your Child Cry like that? If you answered No then Find another provider. There is NO way I would let anyone watch my kid that is just going to let them Cry
    christiea

Answer by christiea at 2:50 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• She's 5 1/2 months, she doesn't need discipline! I think I would find another daycare.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:52 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• i understand if she has to attend to another baby and has to let my little sophie whine a little until she can attend to her...BUT all the other babies were gone and she was int he kitchen with her arms crossed, purposely letting her cry it out... I don't believe in letting my baby cry it out!! and she did it at the time we usually pick her up to let us know that our baby was spoiled over the weekend.
    mommy2sophie

Answer by mommy2sophie at 2:54 PM on Nov. 24, 2009