Need help with potty training?

My daughter is 2 and I've tried everything in the book to try to potty train her. I've been trying the last 4 months and she has not once went pee and she pooped once. When do they usually figure out the feeling to go to the bathroom?Is something wrong or Should I just be patient?

babygirlayla

Asked by babygirlayla at 2:55 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When she's older, at least 2 1/2 or closer to 3, take her with you to the store, let her pick out her training potty, let her pick out some 'big girl' panties and help her understand that we don't want to make them wet, ect. Get her some books of her own that are only for reading while sitting on the potty, I recommend in particular, 'Once Upon a Potty' and 'Everybody Poops', but anything she likes and will want to look at or have read that will motivate her to want to be there. Most of all, don't be discouraged, nobody actually starts kindergarten still in a diaper, she will do it when she's ready.
    And don't believe anyone who tells you their child was trained at a year, either they are full out lying or they just trained themselves to catch the child's needs. Each child has their own developmental clock and no two are the same but NONE are developmentally ready to be potty trained that early.
    Red1967

Answer by Red1967 at 4:42 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Wait until she turns 3. My daughter had never gone on the potty once. We waited until she turned 3, and took her diapers away completely. She trained within the day!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:56 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• You know, I wouldn't wait until it takes a day. If it only takes a day;, they have BEEN ready. What are you doing now to help her learn? Is she in underwear? Potty accessible? Washing hands a super fun treat she gets to do after going potty?
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 3:53 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• for pee put her 3-4 minutes after you give her water...for poo just watch time when she does that you will come up with idea whats time she usually does that..Good Luck :)
    MAHA

Answer by MAHA at 9:05 PM on Nov. 24, 2009