Has anyone going thru postpartum alopecia? (after pregnancy hir loss)

Jrs_mommy08

Asked by Jrs_mommy08 at 3:13 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Health

• I see no one's answering. Mine really wasn't significant. Maybe you should add some info about what's bothering you?
    Anonymous

• You mean gone though it? Yeah. Been there done that and my hair came back as thick as ever.

Is there a particular question you need answered about it?

Answer by gdiamante at 3:22 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• After I had my daughter my hair was awful. It was extremely dry and broke off. It was terrible. I finally had to get a short haircut. It didn't get better until I got pregnant again with my son 1 1/2 years later. Now it is better than ever and it's wavy! It was always straight.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:29 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• With my first son I lost hair in clumps it was pretty bad. It did come back but it was slow. My second time around I only lost a little bit. But boy was that first time scary.
    Anonymous

• I pulled handfuls out for months. I think it would have been worse if I hadn't been on the mini-pill, whitch made my hair grow really fast. I had to clean the drain after every shower until I got it cut short. Now I think it's finally starting to level out.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 3:54 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I did it was pretty bad, for a few months, it's normal but your hair does grow back, just don't use pantene pro v anything, it also causes your hair to fall out.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 4:02 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• yes I had..you have lack of Iron Try to eat everything green (spinach, broccoli, green onion, etc), meat, kidney beans..
    MAHA

Answer by MAHA at 8:57 PM on Nov. 24, 2009