A smell

My living room smells like feet. I have steamed/cleaned the carpet couch and chair. It still smells. I am going to re clean the carpet with an enzyme cleaner tonight. any other Ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Unless it's in the middle of the room or can't be covered by furniture I'd cut out that piece of carpet and replace it. My carpet guys do that kind of patchwork and you can't tell where the seams are.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:51 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• I think you need to get down on your knees and sniff the carpet up close, to see if that's really the source. If you can find the source, then you won't be wasting your time.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:19 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• It could be the pad under the carpet that has the smell in it. If that is the case, the pad would have to be replaced
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 3:25 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• It wouldn't be the furniture, would it? The stuffing? or mildew in the windowsills?

Answer by Bmat at 3:27 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Or could it be a dead mouse or bird in the walls?

Answer by Bmat at 3:28 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• dead mouse?

we live next to a reserve and some times we get little field mice that come in and die in odd places.
    Anonymous

• I bet it's a mouse. If it died in the walls the smell only lasts a few days.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:32 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• OP Okay so I did a sniff of the WHOLE down stairs. It is this one spot of carpet. I used then enzyme spray 2 times already with no change! I'm thinking vanager followed by a repeat of the carpet cleaner?
    Anonymous

• Is there a nasty shoe laying around. I have a leak in my roof we can't fix right now, the smell has been horrible I thought we were all going to get sick. I found out the smell was from my son's football cleat under the couch. Seriously it smelled a large area of house.
    Anonymous

• LOL - my son's sneakers will do that to!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:52 PM on Nov. 25, 2009