NEED A RESUME FOR 7:00PM TODAY DON'T HAVE ONE WHERE CAN I DO A FREE RESUME AND NICE ONE?

AM LOOKING FOR A JOB AND THEY ASKING ME FOR A RESUME EVERYWHERE AND I DON'T HOW TO DO ONE AND SOME ADVICE PLEASE .. NEED IT FOR 7:00PM TODAY!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Money & Work

• Microsoft Word used to have a template you could click on and just fill in your info. Its been a long time, so I'm not sure if the new Word still has this option.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 3:40 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• google the parts of one that you need and copy paste it...my resume is from all over the place i just changed it to fit me a little better but i got 3 job offers with it!
    And there are templates all over the internet..get to google and start working on it now! its not hard!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 3:41 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Well just a tip don't write it in CAPS it looks like your yelling. But I just used a template I got off some website and used that as a starting place then added all my info. It worked great and got me a job.
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 3:43 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Yep, it does. Click 'Tools', then click Templates and add-ins. The templates toolbar should appear to the right on your screen. Click 'General Templates' then click 'Other Documents'. Then you can click on whatever type resume you're looking for, 'Contemporary' 'Professional' 'Elegant' etc. GL!
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 3:45 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Your resume should look like this:

Name
    Address
    Phone
    email

Intro/Summary: This is who you are, what you have done, and how that all applies to the position you are applying for

List of companies/positions: Where you worked, what you accomplished, what your responsibilities were

Skills: computer software, etc.

Education: List the school name and degree or certification you earned.

I hope this helped. I do career and job search coaching; send me a message offlist if you have any questions.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:00 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• i think you might open careerbuilder or monster.com webs and look up people resumes. find what bests suit your background and change what has to be changed. i have not tried it, but someway employers go thru it. Ask a friend if its not that simple. i just had the though, not ever checked myself (mine resume is more of a unique, that's why). good luck
    baby133

Answer by baby133 at 4:04 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Baby133 is right. You can use Monster.com and get an idea. Use resume wizard on office and it will walk you through it. Keep the fonts simple and remember to put everything as simple as possible. Have a cover page that stands out. Just go online and check out other peoples resumes.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:57 PM on Nov. 25, 2009