How do I make deviled eggs that will knock MIL's socks off?

She's Italian, and to her, she's a great cook. I've had family, even her own sister and father to come and tell me that my cooking is better than hers. " don't tell her I said your cooking is better, it'll hurt her feelings" they say (whispering). LMAO!!! on the inside! So anyway she said she'd bring over the deviled eggs on thursday, and i said that I could handle them, and for her to just relax. I just want to see if any of you 'cookin mamas' has a slammin' recipe for deviled eggs. Happy Thanksgiving Y'all!!

Shyma

Asked by Shyma at 3:43 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Food & Drink

• very fine diced onion, mayo, mustard powder, a pinch of curry powder, fresh chives and S&P. mash in a plastic zip bag then cut the corner off to pipe the filling in. older hard boiled eggs peel easier. also simmer gently so they are not over cooked and rubbery.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 7:55 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• ok this is what i do... instead of sweet relish I use dill relish... and a spicy (but not hot spicy, maybe more of a tangy) mustard and I will doll the top off with fresh parsley.... or sprinkle with paprika ...
    If you use miracle whip... put a pinch of sugar in it... it takes the bite out of the mayo...
    I am asked all the time to make my deviled eggs... everyone else has since quit making them if they know I am coming...LOL...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 3:49 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I mash the egg yolks with hummus. It is always fabulous! Send me a message offlist if you would like a hummus recipe, or you can buy the Cedars or Sabra brands.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:54 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I make mine with mayo, mustard, salt, pepper, crushed bacon, and tomato cut real small. Oh my so yummy.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 3:58 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Mine always get gone first when i take them somewhere. Super simple and no guess work of too much of this or that. I cut the egg in 1/2, pop out the yolk in a bowl, mix in "sandwich spread". It's in a jar in the mayo section. It's a pale orange peach color. It's already got the pickles and mayo and mustard already in it. It's already pre-mixed perfectly. Just add to the yolks and mix well. Put in as much as you like till it's the consistancy you like. I sprinkle paprika for presentation. I hate others eggs b/c they usually have too much of something in it. Or they are too dry.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 6:45 PM on Nov. 24, 2009