Sudden Blurred vision?!?!

I was driving home, and my right eye suddennly got distorted with wavy lines (looks like blk/white sicodellics) I made it home safe. It has been 20 minutes, & it hasnt got better. Also, I am dizzy. I have never had issues with these symptoms or any eye problems. Does anyone know what it may be???/

Amberoz

Asked by Amberoz at 3:47 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Health

• Its def a migraine and what you have now is called an aura. The best thing for a migraine is to take 2 aleves now and 2 two hours from now. That is the equivilent to migrain meds. You may only have the lines or you may get a horrible headache and nausea with it. I get both. Take something asap! GL!!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:04 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• almost sounds like a migraine..
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 3:49 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I have no idea.

However, I once had an eye problem after my second child... I had a blured spot in the vision of one eye that slowly grew and grew....with in a couple hours I had a full blown migrain. First (and hopefully last) of my life. Wiped me out I was in bed from that moment until the next day.

(((hugs)))) good luck
    Anonymous

• lay down in a dark room for awhile and put a cold cloth on your face..
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 3:50 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• That always happens to me just before a migraine hits. Take something now! If I can manage to take ibuprofen or something similar, than the migraine doesn't get too bad. But if I can't get to it before the wavy lines go away, I will basically become incapacitated for the rest of the day. My head starts pounding, light and sound make it 10 times worse, and I get really nauseous and start throwing up. Good Luck, and I hope you get over it soon.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 4:01 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• My first experience with this was when I too was driving
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:05 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I had that happen when I'd gotten too much sun - we'd gone to the pool that afternoon for a couple hours, and within a couple hours I couldn't see for that same reason. It went away on it's own within a few hours, but it was annoying as heck! I ended up taking a long nap and let hubby deal with the kids, and was almost fine when I woke up.
    Anonymous