?important?

I've been thinking I have low blood sugar what r the signs? Sometimes I get headaches and get nausus but this morning I woke up with a bad headache and I can't keep anything down I cd the doctors office they r giving me phinogren but could it just be my sugar to low or just a virus I dunno if I sould go to the er or what I'm 15 weeks almost.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:50 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I've had low blood sugar, low blood pressure, high blood pressure, and other weird things. It sounds most like high bp to me, if it were low blood sugar you'd feel a lot better within 15 minutes of eating/drinking something. Orange juice is the best thing when your sugar's low, but if you drink it and don't feel better within 15-30 minutes, sugar's not your problem. Phenargen shouldn't be used for mild nausea either, especially at 15 weeks, without an exam & possible blood/urine work to rule out something worse. But I'm leaning towards high bp with what little information you gave.
    Anonymous

• OP here well I've pucked 6 times and can't even hold water down that's y they gave me taht
    Anonymous

• Doesn't sound like low blood sugar. If you're really having that much problem keeping things down you need to go in though. You're dehydrated more then likely and that can cause alot of what you're feeling. Sounds to me like you need to get IV fluids so they can see whats causing the issue. I know the ER sucks but I had to go in twice right around 15 weeks cause morning sickness was leaving me so dehydrated.
    Anonymous

• I have Type II Diabetius & when my sugar gets low I feel like i am going to pass out.  I eat a candy bar or a glass of orange juice & am okay.  When my blood sugar is high I feel really tired but immediately start doing exercises & in 5 minutes it goes back to normal.  I would check with your doctor because that is really nothing to mess around with & I am not trying to scare you.cornucopia

Jodie269

Answer by Jodie269 at 5:39 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I have low blood sugar and it doesnt cause a headache. It can cause nausea but not a headache. If you have thrown up 6 times then my guess is you either have morning sickness but that wouldnt really go along with a headache, or that you have a virus
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 6:15 PM on Nov. 24, 2009