in your marriage

Are you almost always right
Is he almost always right
Is it usually a compromise

how old are you and how long have you been married?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• It's usually a compromise, though we have our areas of expertise where one's opinion has more weight than the other's. I'm 39, he's 43, and we've been married for five years.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:03 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Well my husband lies, so yes I am always right! There have been things he has been right on but not many, I'm 26 been married 2 years.
    Anonymous

• We usually compromise-or we discuss it till we decide who is in fact right. I am 28, he is almost 30, and we have been married for 4.5 years.
    mom2LandL

Answer by mom2LandL at 4:06 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• It honestly depends on what the topic is. But generally it's 50-50. Married 16 years.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:11 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Oh. And he's 50, I'm 46.

• We don't keep a score card. We don't play games where one of us has to be right or wrong. If we disagree we discuss things and come up with a solution together. We both are adults so we would rather be happy than right all the time.

I am 37 my husband is 38 we have been married for 16 years.
    Anonymous

• It's usually a compromise, unless it's a subject one of us knows more about. I'm 23, he's 25, we've been married for three years. :)
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 4:16 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• We haven't had very many disagreements at all. But when we do, we both try to listen and empathize what the other person's position is. We are both over 50 but have been married for 1 month! (Been together for 3 years almost). Ask me again in a couple of years. Haa. But I think that being older and wiser for us is the key in that we both are very empathetic to the other's point of view.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 4:33 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I've never thought of it like that. We don't really care who is wrong or right as long of both of us come to an agreement that we are both comfortable with. It depends on what we are talking about on who is wrong or right.Neither of us have a problem admitting we were wrong on an issue. Opinions are neither right or wrong. We have been together 3 years and I am 25 and he is 23
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 4:40 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Depends on the topic really. For the most part I know more about children, animals, cleaning, politics, and current events. DH knows more about math, finances, sports, and directions. I am the more spiritual one, he is the more realistic one. I am in tune with others emotions, he is reading body language. I am "book smart", he is "street smart".
    We don't have many arguments, but when we do we talk about it and try to work it out. Like PP said, we don't keep a score card.
    I am 24 and have been married 4 yrs.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 4:40 PM on Nov. 24, 2009