how do i stop feeling alone?

I have friends on facebook and other friends i talk to but the convesrastion alway sturns to be all about them. Sometimes it would be nice if someone cared about me. I am alone. Work sucks where after 14 years I'm treated like crap. My house is going to be foreclosed on, my husband has been unemployeed all year and hasn't had a good job in years.
The only thing keeping me here is my children. I won't have them growing up without me loving them and doing whatever I can for them.
I have never felt so alone in my whole life. there is nothing left for me to find humor in or hope in and years ago I used to find humor and hope in everything.

Sometimes just saying thins helps me feel better so maybe this will help since none of my friends seem to care

paula405

Asked by paula405 at 4:05 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Health

• You may not know me, but I'm a good listener and if you would like someone to vent to...just add me as a friend. I too have felt extremely alone at times, and some of the kind ladies on cafemom really do care. I care. I will listen.
    mamofive

Answer by mamofive at 4:10 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• hi op, I'm sorry you're having a hard time. Is your husband signed up for unemployment? Are you signed for all of the assistance programs that you can qualify for? If not call your county tomorrow and your state. Do you have any family on yours or your husband's side who doesn't know about your situation but would help you with a place to live, if they knew? Do you attend a church or temple whose members could help with different things if they knew?

It is so hard to be alone with kids and worry. And that worry makes more worry. Google your county for every social services office division and state and apply for absolutely everything, reapply if your house is foreclosed on.

If you want to pm you can pm me. There is a 24 hour help line called CONTACT that could guide you help at least to talk to. Sometimes being able to verbalize versus writing can be help.
    Also another organization that gives help is Good Samaritan.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 5:35 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Hi,
    I am so sorry you are feeling this way. Sometimes life is just hard. It's hard for people to know what to say so they avoid the issue. The poster above gave great advice. I just want to say that you can pm me too. I promise to "listen"
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 6:44 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• My husband gets unemployment and thankfully I work and can get the health benefits for all of us. We ironically make too much money to qualify for anything. I guess we're middle class "poor". I know others who are just like us they struggle to pay bills, yet can't get any help and all they need is 100-200 more a month.
    As far as friends go I do have some good friends. Lately some of them call and say you never call me to tell me what's going on in your life and then all they do is talk about themselves. I'm a good listener too so I don't mind people venting or complaining or just needing to talk things out, but sometimes it's nice to have that moment for others to listen.
    paula405

Answer by paula405 at 8:32 PM on Nov. 24, 2009