Is it ok?

Is it ok to give my 5 1/2 month old son veggies and fruit at one time? Like 1/2 jar veggie and 1/2 fruit? He eats one jar twice a day, one for lunch and one for dinner. He's already tried everything and isn't allergic to anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Go for it. Remember to nurse or give his bottle first...breastmilk or formula is his primary food till his first birthday.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:08 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Sure, but I wold give my daughter fruit for breakfast and veggie for dinner.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 4:09 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• If you know he's not allergic, then there's no problem giving him more variety at a meal.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:10 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Cool, so when can I try jarred meats? Like sweet potatoes and turkey or apples and chicken?
    Anonymous

• I give veggie during the day since he's at day care and has already eaten all of those, and fruit at night (1/2 jar each time) since we're still working our way through the fruits - applesauce down - peaches, pears and bananas to go :) I give them with his cereals so I see no problem in what you're doing.
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 4:15 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• i'd say - it's ok to mix, unless there is sthg does not go well together for him. i start now w/ milk, later offer solids, and finish w/ milk. at one session. at first he does not drink only to the max. would you drink to be full knowing better stuff is comming. it does not fill him well. that's for his thirst. he eats till full. at last he gets milk to help w/ burping and he still wants it surprisingly. now he decides when to stop on what and certainly expects all of that. he's sooooo much happier than ever before w/ just whatever way i did feeding. that's just my way, have not read about it anywhere.
    baby133

Answer by baby133 at 4:16 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I always suggest that you give veggies first because a lot of kids get used to the sweet taste of fruits and end up not liking veggies.. But that's just me!
    Anonymous

• Just remember to introduce only one new ingredient at a time and give it 2 weeks in between, some food allergies can take that long to show up.
    Red1967

Answer by Red1967 at 5:00 PM on Nov. 24, 2009