Pigeon-toed?

My 14m old son's right foot turns inward when he walks! It doesn't seem to interfere with his walking; he started when he was 12 months. He wears Stride Rites when wearing shoes, which I know are supposed to be great for new walkers. Should I be concerned?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I was pigeon toed when I was a toddler too.... At some point, I had to wear these corrective inserts for a year or so, but that was about it. Nothing to worry about, really. Also, a lot of toddlers are pigeon toed (my 15 month son is, a little) and it'll go away by itself after a while.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:30 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I have been pigeon toed my whole life. In fact I still am and yes, I had the corrective shoes when I was very little. They were worried that they were going to have to break my ankles and reset them, but they didn't. I can turn my feet to face one another. It hasn't ever affected me physically.

Other than I realized when I rolled my ankle two weeks ago, that this "defect" was the reason I had never had a sprained ankle in my life. My ankle likes to be on its side. LOL. Literally I can touch the floor with the knob on my ankle. Its just part of who I am, and its kind of cool, because it can creep people out. I am like this because I was three weeks overdue at birth.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 4:39 PM on Nov. 24, 2009