BY BLOOD PREGANCY TEST ? PLZ READ..

I HAD A BLOOD PREGANCY TEST DONE YESTERDAY AND GOT THE RESULTS TODAY IT SAID NEG. BUT IM ONLY LIKE 16 DAY PREGNANT IF I AM PREGANANT.. WOULD IT NOT SHOW UP THREW BLOOD UNTIL YOU ARE LIKE 3-4 WEEKS OR LONGER .. ???

JUST WUNDERING ..

THANKS FOR LOOKING AT MY QUESTION

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm pretty sure blood would show up no matter how early.
    Anonymous

• Blood tests are really accurate. Your not pregnant. sorry.
    Anonymous

• No, if you were pregnant, it would show up in the blood test, sorry...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:43 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• A blood test will show the hcg level even when it is at 1. If it was a zero, you are not pregnant. Sorry!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 5:52 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• It would show up because when I had my miscarriage the doctor said that I had the hcg of someone that was only 5 days pregnant and I was 5 weeks. So if you were then the least little amount of hcg would have been indicated. After all, that's what they are testing for.
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 5:54 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I am sorry but I am a walking example of the fact that what the other posters are saying IS NOT NECESSARILY TRUE! I knew my LMP was Jan 15th with baby #1 and I had sex, and conceived, on Jan 28th. I had a blood test on Feb 2nd and it came back negative but guess what?? I was pregnant! So yes... there is a chance that you could be pregnant. By saying you are 16 days, I am assuming you mean 16 days from your LMP, right? And not 16 days from conception. Because if your LMP was 16 days ago then based off of an average cycle, you would have only ovulated 2 days ago and sperm can live for 3 days so you might not technically even have conceived yet. I know that is a hard thing to understand but I personally wouldnt rule out pregnancy just yet:)
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 6:11 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• nakoa

At 5 days pregnant you wouldnt even have conceived yet becuase you wouldnt have ovulated so by 5 days he probably meant 5 days past conception which would have been more like 3 weeks pregnant
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 6:12 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• ~ its me the one who posted the question ~

to jaydin makenna

i conceived,on nov.8th ( wich that was the last day of my period ) & we conceived on Nov . 10th & Nov. 14th & Nov.15th we kept trying to make sure it did work .. lol if you get what im saying ..

but some ppl like my cousin she was 2 mths pregnant when she had the blood test to come back pos. becuase she had a blood test done like 2 weeks before and it was neg. she kept having the sympotms of it so she new she was pregnant ..

Anonymous